Tying Script Exectution Time to a Scrpt

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mike G, Feb 1, 2005.

  1. Mike G

    Mike G Guest

    Hi -

    I support a web application that contains many ASP's. Periodically, the
    DLLHOST.EXE running this app (we have it in High protection) will start
    taking alot of time (consistently between 30 and 60% in Task Manager), and
    the number of threads increases, and the memory in use goes up. I have
    started looking at the performance monitor, and note under Active Server
    Pages there is a counter "Request Execution Time". I notice that those
    times go up when this happens. Is there a way I can tie a "Request Exection
    Time" to a script name? Or is there a way to find if a particular script is
    looping?

    Right now, I have a counter log going that captures the following, every 15
    seconds:

    \Active Server Pages\Errors/Sec

    \Active Server Pages\Request Execution Time

    \Active Server Pages\Request Wait Time

    \Active Server Pages\Requests Disconnected

    \Active Server Pages\Requests Executing

    \Active Server Pages\Requests Failed Total

    \Active Server Pages\Requests Not Found

    \Active Server Pages\Requests Queued

    \Active Server Pages\Requests Rejected

    \Active Server Pages\Requests Timed Out

    \Active Server Pages\Requests/Sec

    \Active Server Pages\Script Engines Cached

    \Active Server Pages\Session Duration

    \Active Server Pages\Sessions Current

    \Active Server Pages\Sessions Timed Out

    \Active Server Pages\Sessions Total

    \Active Server Pages\Templates Cached

    \Active Server Pages\Transactions/Sec

    \Memory\% Committed Bytes In Use

    \Memory\Available Bytes

    \Memory\Cache Bytes

    \Memory\Commit Limit

    \Memory\Committed Bytes

    \Processor(_Total)\% Interrupt Time

    \Processor(_Total)\% Privileged Time

    \Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time

    \Processor(_Total)\% User Time

    \Web Service(_Total)\Current Connections

    Would the be anything else particularly of value capture?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Mike G, Feb 1, 2005