Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type 'System.W

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jlecain@free.fr, Aug 3, 2006.

    I have been getting a a strange error for a few days now in my .net web
    application.

    The error, detail below, is difficult to reproduce so far. All I know
    is that it happens when loading any page and then all the .net pages of
    my application returns the same error message.

    After a while the error disappears.

    I searched for solutions on Google and MSDN but so far I haven't found
    anything.

    Unable to cast object of type
    'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type
    'System.Web.Util.ITypedWebObjectFactory'.

    Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object
    of type 'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type
    'System.Web.Util.ITypedWebObjectFactory'.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type
    'System.Web.Compilation.BuildResultCompiledAssembly' to type
    'System.Web.Util.ITypedWebObjectFactory'.]

    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath
    virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean
    noAssert) +123

    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath
    virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean
    allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +54
    System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext
    context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String
    physicalPath) +31

    System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext
    context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String
    physicalPath) +40
    System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
    String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
    useAppConfig) +139

    System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
    +120
    completedSynchronously) +155
    , Aug 3, 2006