    On the other hand if i install j2sdk1.4.0_09 version, it installs
    properly, with out any problems.

    please suggest me what to do?

    GMHK, Aug 18, 2005

  2. GMHK

    Joan Guest

    "GMHK" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi Could any one tell me why i am not able to install the
    > j2sdk1.4.2_09
    > in my standalone sytem.(ie wihtout internet connection).
    >
    > My system has windows XP OS, 512MB RAM.
    >
    > When i try to install, i am getting the message as data1.cab
    > might be
    > corrupted or missing, setup cannot continue further..
    >
    > I tried using different setup files of the same verison, but
    > bought
    > from different sources.
    >
    > On the other hand if i install j2sdk1.4.0_09 version, it
    > installs
    > properly, with out any problems.
    >
    > please suggest me what to do?

    Unless you have a need for version 1.4 you should uninstall
    whatever you have now and install 1.5

    Joan, Aug 19, 2005

  3. GMHK

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 18 Aug 2005 02:44:18 -0700, "GMHK" <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >On the other hand if i install j2sdk1.4.0_09 version, it installs
    >properly, with out any problems.

    Perhaps you have an a half-based JDK install. Try uninstalling, check
    registry, clean out Java region, start again. Sometimes installing
    corresponding JRE clears the way for the JDK to go in.

    Roedy Green, Aug 19, 2005