Unable to install the j2sdk1.4.2_09, Help required

GMHK

Hi Could any one tell me why i am not able to install the j2sdk1.4.2_09
in my standalone sytem.(ie wihtout internet connection).

My system has windows XP OS, 512MB RAM.

When i try to install, i am getting the message as data1.cab might be
corrupted or missing, setup cannot continue further..

I tried using different setup files of the same verison, but bought
from different sources.

On the other hand if i install j2sdk1.4.0_09 version, it installs
properly, with out any problems.

please suggest me what to do?

Joan

GMHK said:
Hi Could any one tell me why i am not able to install the
j2sdk1.4.2_09
in my standalone sytem.(ie wihtout internet connection).

My system has windows XP OS, 512MB RAM.

When i try to install, i am getting the message as data1.cab
might be
corrupted or missing, setup cannot continue further..

I tried using different setup files of the same verison, but
bought
from different sources.

On the other hand if i install j2sdk1.4.0_09 version, it
installs
properly, with out any problems.

please suggest me what to do?

Unless you have a need for version 1.4 you should uninstall
whatever you have now and install 1.5

Roedy Green

On the other hand if i install j2sdk1.4.0_09 version, it installs
properly, with out any problems.

Perhaps you have an a half-based JDK install. Try uninstalling, check
registry, clean out Java region, start again. Sometimes installing
corresponding JRE clears the way for the JDK to go in.