Unable to instantiate com server from web service

atlasgp

No matter how I configure a Com singleton server ( exe ), I keep getting a
com exception ( 0x8000401A ) when attempting to instantiate it from a web
service. I have gone into DCOM config and set identity to 'interactive user'
and authentication level to 'none'. Additionally I have set the security to
allow eveyone to have launch, access, and configuration permissions for the
server. I have basically openned the doors completely open for this COM exe
but no matter what I do the web service cannot instantiate the object. I
created a test application to call the com server and it has no issues so
this verifies that myself, as the logged in interactive user have enough
rights to launch the exe server. As a test, I moved the web service to run
in it's own application pool and set the identity of that pool to run as
myself -> still no success. I've been working on this for the past couple of
days...if anyone can point me in the right direction as to how to have the
ability to call a com server from a web service it would be much appreciated.
Thxs in advance.