    Can someone please tell us as to how we can timeout an aspx page that is
    doing some lengthy processing? Also when exactly does the ExecutionTimeout
    take effect?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWljcm9zb2Z0IENlbnRyZSBPZiBFeGNlbGxlbmNl, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Do you have debug=false in your web.config file? Or is aspnet_wp.exe
    recycling before the 90 secs.

    Andy Mortimer [MS]
    Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
    newsgroup purposes only

    OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of
    included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
    http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm"

    Andy Mortimer [MS], Jan 5, 2005

  3. No. The debug attribut in web.config is set to true.
    I don't think the aspnet_wp.exe is recycling after 90 secs either.
    So then what else could be the reason as to why the request is not timing out?

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhbGluaQ==?=, Jan 6, 2005
  4. Try it with debug set to false. The executionTimeout property only works
    when the debug is set to false in the
    web.config.

    The timeout value is set to a large value(30000) to prevent getting
    timedout during
    debugging. So, this will work only when the debugging is set to false.

    Andy Mortimer [MS], Jan 6, 2005
  5. Thanx a lot everyone.
    Well Execution Timeout is workin now.
    I struggled a lot with this problem. Since I found this.
    Note: Timeout values are specified in milliseconds. If you have
    debug="false" in the Web.config file, the executionTimeout value will be
    ignored.
    at
    "http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag/html/scalenetchapt17.asp"

    =?Utf-8?B?SW5kaXJh?=, Jan 7, 2005