UnknownHostException on Japanese Windows XP - Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dave Raskin, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. Dave Raskin

    Dave Raskin Guest

    Hello,

    I am running the following code on Japanese Windows XP:

    String localHostName = java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName();

    If the Computer name is in English, this works fine.

    If the Computer name is in Japanese, I get an UnknownHostException in
    InetAddress.java, line 1191.

    If I run this same code on a Japanese Windows 2K, with a Japanese computer
    name, it works fine.

    I tried 3 different JREs: 1.3.1_11, 1.4.2_01, and 1.4.2._04 - same result.
    This seems to be a difference between Windows 2K and XP.

    I searched the web and the forums and I can't see any reference to this
    specific problem. Is this a known issue?

    Thanks in advance!

    Dave Raskin

    Dave Raskin, Apr 26, 2004