Upgrade from Ruby 1.8.2 to 1.8.3 in Windows

Tuka Opaleye

Hi,

Unfortunately search is not available - so I have the following
question.

I would like to know how to upgrade from ruby 1.8.2 to 1.8.3 without
having to uninstall and reinstall. Is this possible ? I have ROR
installed on top of my present ruby instalation. I guess that would
require a ROR reinstall ?

TIA,
Tuka

Michael Schreifels

Hi,

Unfortunately search is not available - so I have the following
question.

I would like to know how to upgrade from ruby 1.8.2 to 1.8.3 without
having to uninstall and reinstall. Is this possible ? I have ROR
installed on top of my present ruby instalation. I guess that would
require a ROR reinstall ?

TIA,
Tuka

Hey there.

Just thought I would note the message on http://rubyonrails.com/down :

"We recommend Ruby 1.8.4 for use with Rails. Ruby 1.8.2 is fine too,
but version 1.8.3 is not."

You'll probably want to upgrade to Ruby 1.8.4 so as to not break Rails. Regards,

Michael Schreifels