Upgrade to 1.1

Michael O'Shaughnessy

This may be the wrong newgroup, if so please let me know.
I am trying to run an asp.net app on iis with asp.net version 1.0. I get
configurations errors saying that the server doesn't know what
"deviceFilters" are. I have a feeling this could be a version problem.
So, how do I upgrade my server to 1.1? Will 1.0 apps still work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Michael,

..Net 1.0 and 1.1 can exist quite nicely on the same box. You'll want to
check the documentation for aspnet_regiis.exe to see how it updates your
selected Webs.

If you need to mix and match, there's a great free tool by Denis Bauer that
will help with that:

http://www.denisbauer.com/NETTools/ASPNETVersionSwitcher.aspx

"The ASP.NET Version Switcher is a little utility that can be used to
quickly switch the .NET Framework version that the ASPX pages are compiled
against. This is helpful for developers who often have to test their web
applications for compatibility with different version of the .NET Framework
Internally, it uses the command line tool called ASPNET_REGIIS that is
included in the Microsoft.NET Framework."

Michael O'Shaughnessy

Thank you very much! I am going to try the version sitcher and see how it
works!