Upgrading python question

Tommy Grav

I am currently using Activepython 2.4.4, but would like to upgrade to
2.5. Am I right in thinking that if I do that I need to reinstall all
the
packages and modules (like numpy, scipy, pyfits, and so on)? Or is
there a way to avoid that?

Cheers
Tommy

kyosohma

I am currently using Activepython 2.4.4, but would like to upgrade to
2.5. Am I right in thinking that if I do that I need to reinstall all
the
packages and modules (like numpy, scipy, pyfits, and so on)? Or is
there a way to avoid that?

Cheers
Tommy

I think you'll need to install the other packages/modules too, or you
could copy the folders to the same logical directory tree and see if
it works. I've done that with modules that haven't been "upgraded" to
2.5.

Mike