Upgrading question

s99999999s2003

hi
just want to get some opinions
i am working in unix and my Python version is 2.4.1
I would like to upgrade my version to 2.5 stable. but i have many
scripts already running using 2.4.1. Can i just install 2.5 onto
another directory, and then just change every shebang (#! in first
line) in my script to the new directory? That way, my script will also
run correectly right?
thanks

Carl J. Van Arsdall

hi
just want to get some opinions
i am working in unix and my Python version is 2.4.1
I would like to upgrade my version to 2.5 stable. but i have many
scripts already running using 2.4.1. Can i just install 2.5 onto
another directory, and then just change every shebang (#! in first
line) in my script to the new directory? That way, my script will also
run correectly right?
thanks
Read: http://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/section-other.html about code
problems

other than that change the link in /usr/bin/python to point to 2.5
instead of 2.4

-c

--

Carl J. Van Arsdall
(e-mail address removed)

Wildemar Wildenburger

Carl said:
other than that change the link in /usr/bin/python to point to 2.5
instead of 2.4

Do you think that's a good idea? What if the system's scripts depend on
libs that aren't installed (or worse: not available) for 2.5?

I'd look into that first.

wildemar