    coordinates (latitude, longitude). Can this be achieved ? How ? Please
    help.

    Regards

    helpneeded, Jul 26, 2006

  2. helpneeded <> scripsit:

    > I want to use the <map> tag to dynamically update my map with
    > coordinates.

    Tags don't do things. Tags are data.

    Try explaining what you are really trying to accomplish, and illustrate it
    with the URL of a sketch page.

    The answer is most probably outside the scope of HTML, since HTML has
    effectively no dynamics and it surely cannot change a map (an image), but
    I'd like to see the real question before saying anything more specific.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jul 26, 2006

  3. helpneeded wrote:
    > Hi
    > I am a novice using the <map> tag. I have a question. I would really
    > appreciate if you could answer me.
    > I want to use the <map> tag to dynamically update my map with
    > coordinates. These coordinates are in the form of geographic
    > coordinates (latitude, longitude). Can this be achieved ? How ? Please
    > help.

    It's not clear from "dynamically update my map with coordinates" what
    you are trying to do or where the coordinates are coming from.

    Harlan Messinger, Jul 26, 2006
  4. helpneeded

    Andy Mabbett Guest

    In message <>,
    helpneeded <> writes

    >Urgent!!

    I can assure you it isn't.
    --
    Andy Mabbett
    Say "NO!" to compulsory ID Cards: <http://www.no2id.net/>

    Free Our Data: <http://www.freeourdata.org.uk>

    Andy Mabbett, Jul 26, 2006
  5. helpneeded

    Help needed Guest

    I want to have a <map> display an image of a country, say USA. This map
    will show the location of the most recent earthquakes. I have a live
    earthquake monitoring station that spits out the lat, long coordinates
    the moment an earthquake occurs. I want to update the map with the new
    location. Can this be done?

    Help needed, Jul 30, 2006
  6. helpneeded

    rwap Guest

    Yes you can do this, but you need to use a programming language which
    would convert the latitude and longitude co-ordinates into pixel
    co-ordinates (which would marry up with your map of the USA). The
    co-ordinates would need to be stored in a database (in either format)
    and then when the page is requested, the database interrogated and
    details incorporated in the served page.

    You could write this in various languages, but probably perl or php are
    the easiest - it all depends on your experience.

    If you search on google, you can probably find a routine for converting
    latitude and longitude to pixel co-ordinates in whatever programming
    language you wish to use.

    If you cannot handle programming yourself, you would need to pay
    someone to do this, as it is not as straightforward as I think you were
    hoping.

    Rich Mellor
    www.internetbusinessangels.com

    rwap, Jul 30, 2006
  7. helpneeded

    Help needed Guest

    Thanx for the help. I guess I will give it a try using asp.net.

    Help needed, Aug 1, 2006