usage of shared libraries

Frieder Loercher

Hello,

I am developping a (lammpi) parallel Application where any
of the processes uses the Python script language.
It works fine on Compaq Alpha and SUN Solaris5.9

On AIX5.1, it doesn't work. In fact, there is a problem
in using shared libraries on AIX in combination with
the parallelisation (lammpi).

I have some Python modules like math in form of a
shared library (math.so). My application fails always
at the moment when symbols are load from any of
these shared libraries.

My question is: Is there any workaround to the usage
of shared libraries? (The functionality of what is
in these libraries is still necessary).

Thanks for any answer

best regards

Frieder Loercher