usage of shared libraries

Discussion in 'Python' started by Frieder Loercher, Apr 7, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I am developping a (lammpi) parallel Application where any
    of the processes uses the Python script language.
    It works fine on Compaq Alpha and SUN Solaris5.9

    On AIX5.1, it doesn't work. In fact, there is a problem
    in using shared libraries on AIX in combination with
    the parallelisation (lammpi).

    I have some Python modules like math in form of a
    shared library (math.so). My application fails always
    at the moment when symbols are load from any of
    these shared libraries.

    My question is: Is there any workaround to the usage
    of shared libraries? (The functionality of what is
    in these libraries is still necessary).

    Thanks for any answer

    best regards

    Frieder Loercher