usb to serial adapter problem

bray_stenovations

Hello,

I am experiencing some strange problems while using a usb to serial
adapter vs. a real comm port. The problems started with getting a blue
screen at random times. Changing usb to serial drivers seemed to fix
that problem. Now I am experiencing a problem where sometimes I am
getting a crash while using the usb adapter but everything works
perfectly while using a natural comm port. Has anyone else experienced
this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

Victor Bazarov

I am experiencing some strange problems while using a usb to serial
adapter vs. a real comm port. The problems started with getting a blue
screen at random times. Changing usb to serial drivers seemed to fix
that problem. Now I am experiencing a problem where sometimes I am
getting a crash while using the usb adapter but everything works
perfectly while using a natural comm port. Has anyone else experienced
this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

We can't really help you with your C++ language problem without seeing at
least some amount of C++. What is worse, of course, is that in C++ there
are no means to control 'usb' or 'serial adapter' or 'comm port'. There
are no means to control _any_ hardware in C++, as a matter of fact.

So, you should consider asking in a newsgroup dedicated to your OS, where
hardware access is most likely to be on-topic. Here it isn't.

Your problem can be due to some undefined behaviour caused by using some
uninitialised pointer or running out of the boundaries of some array, but
again, without seeing the code it's impossible to conclude anything.