Use a pc's bluetooth adapter to check for your cellphone

Joel S

I'm looking to do presence detection for my pc. I was hoping to write
a java application to work with my pc's bluetooth adapater and simply
check for my device address. If it can no longer connect I would then
make different actions based on what I would like.

The problem is there doesn't seem to be a whole lot on bluetooth. From
what I've read, javax.bluetooth is meant to run entirely on
cellphones. Is this incorrect? Can anyone provide direction on this
project?

Thanks,
Joel

jilles

I'm looking to do presence detection for my pc. I was hoping to write
a java application to work with my pc's bluetooth adapater and simply
check for my device address. If it can no longer connect I would then
make different actions based on what I would like.

The problem is there doesn't seem to be a whole lot on bluetooth. From
what I've read, javax.bluetooth is meant to run entirely on
cellphones. Is this incorrect? Can anyone provide direction on this
project?

Thanks,
Joel

Yes, JSR 82 is intended for J2ME. Try looking here: http://www.javabluetooth.org/.
They have an implementation of jsr 82 that also works on j2se,
apparently.

Jilles

Joel S

Yeah unfortunatly not a single example of theirs runs for me. I'm not
certain if it's my pc or the examples :(