use .net WSE3 COM component in unmanaged prog. language (VB6 or C++ 6)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Florian Harbich, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. [X-POST & FUP-2: microsoft.public.webservices]

    Hi Codegurus ;)

    I hope this is the right group for my problem:

    I wrote a COM component in Microsoft Visual C# that communicates
    with a ASP.NET Webservice using WSE3.
    When I want to use this component in a Visual Basic 6 or unmanaged c++
    Application, I always get the error

    "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
    Parameter name: Policy '<mypolicyname>' is not configured in the system"

    The policy is defined in an wse3policyCache.config file which is referenced
    in app.config as usual.

    When I compile and run the component as Application
    (with Main Method for testing) everything works fine.

    It seems that I have to "load" the policy in the application
    that uses the component instead of attatching it to the component itself,
    but how do I do this as there's no app.config or something alike.

    --
    Greetings,
    Florian

    there are 11 kind of people, those who know this joke and laugh, those who
    know but don't understand and those who don't even know... ;)

    Florian Harbich, Jan 26, 2006