Use of Ruby in Laboratory Automation

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Neil Benn, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. Neil Benn

    Neil Benn Guest

    Hello,

    I am guest editing a scientific journal (The Journal of the
    Association for Laboratory Automation -
    http://labautomation.org/journal.php) of which is concerned with the use
    of various programming languages (covered so far Java, .NET, C++,
    Python, Perl) in the field of laboratory automation (typically in the
    biotech/pharma scientific academia industry). I am looking for examples
    of ruby being used in this field - does anyone know of any applications
    which have been constructed. Even better if you are available to write
    an article for the issue (language is English) discussing the language
    and also a specific application that would be fantastic, please contact
    me directly at my e-mail address listed in the e-mail header.

    Cheers,

    Neil

    --

    Neil Benn
    Senior Automation Engineer

    Tel : +49 (0)351 4173 154
    e-mail :

    Neil Benn, Nov 15, 2005

  2. Hi Neil,

    Such a presentation was made at RubyConf.

    http://www.zenspider.com/Languages/Ruby/RubyConf2005.html
    See "Brent Roman: Embedding Ruby into a Robotic Marine Laboratory" in
    the Saturday section.

    Audio and video of the presentation:
    http://rubyconf.blowmage.com/
    http://69.10.142.222:7000/