user account "asp.net machine a..."

Robert

Reviewing user accounts on my machine, I see the user
"asp.net machine a..." which was confusing. Not being in
love with my PC - how did this get here? What's it for?
Or should I kill it?

Holly Mazerolle

If you have installed the .Net Framework on your machine then this account
will be put there by that installation. If you are not sure whether this is
installed just see if you have the following path:
c:\windows\Microsoft.net\Framework
This account will not harm your system. It is needed to run .Net apps. If
you are not going to be running any .Net apps then it is up to you what you
prefer to do with the account...remove or keep.

Holly