    "asp.net machine a..." which was confusing. Not being in
    love with my PC - how did this get here? What's it for?
    Or should I kill it?
    Robert, Dec 27, 2003

  2. If you have installed the .Net Framework on your machine then this account
    will be put there by that installation. If you are not sure whether this is
    installed just see if you have the following path:
    c:\windows\Microsoft.net\Framework
    This account will not harm your system. It is needed to run .Net apps. If
    you are not going to be running any .Net apps then it is up to you what you
    prefer to do with the account...remove or keep.

    Holly
    Holly Mazerolle, Dec 29, 2003