User Controls

Scott D

I am having problems making the textboxes and other controls
avaialable to the code-behind page of an ASPX page with multiple user
controls inserted into it. I believe I need to make the ASCX
textboxes and controls avaialble publicly but do not know how to
accomplish this task.

Thank you.

Guest

You need to change the declaration of the objects in
your .ascx code-behind file to Public.

Change this:
Protected WithEvents TextBox1 As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox

To this:
Public WithEvents TextBox1 As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox

However this is not a very secure way to do it but it
works. You should really declare Get and Set properties
in the .ascx to set or retrieve the values
ex Public Property <property name>
This will generate a Get And Set function automatically or
you can declare a function. Either must be set public for
you to use.