Usercontrol Postback - can i intercept Request

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Alex, Apr 26, 2004.

  1. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Hi

    I have a site that creates a template file "default.aspx" and places
    usercontrols in it to display the pages. The beginrequest event redirects
    pages however I have a major problem with certain postbacks

    currently the following typical page
    /mysite/users/register.aspx
    would be redirected to
    /mysite/default.aspx?users/request

    I want postbacks to always go to /mysite/users/register.aspx which will
    then be translated by the beginrequest event however after 2 postbacks the
    request object gets messed up and the url displayed is
    /mysite/users/default.aspx?users/register which is wrong.

    Ideally i want to alter the request object either before the postback to
    ensure that the URL is /mysite/users/register.aspx and not
    /mysite/default.aspx?users/request

    I know this is an odd request but any help apreciated.

    alex

    Alex, Apr 26, 2004