Using a master file I can't drag controls to me pages

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by active, Apr 6, 2007.

  1. active

    active Guest

    Boy, I full of problems.

    I have a master file, Default.master, that is a table and one of the cells
    is used as follows:
    <asp:TableCell runat="server" ColumnSpan="4" RowSpan="7">

    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="Main" runat="server" />

    </asp:TableCell>

    Other pages reference it as follows:

    <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Default.master" Title="Test |
    Login"

    CodeFile="Login.aspx.vb" Inherits="Login_aspx" %>

    <asp:content id="Content1" contentplaceholderid="Main" runat="server">

    When I open Login.aspx, for example, in the Designer, it is grayed and I
    can't drag any controls from the tool box onto it.

    I have one page that does not reference the master (only because I haven't
    gotten around to adding the code yet) and it allows me to drag controls from
    the tool box onto it.

    Can you tell me how to add controls to these pages?

    Thanks

    active, Apr 6, 2007