using a querystring

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bernie V, Oct 26, 2003.

  1. Bernie V

    Bernie V Guest

    Hey group !

    I have a page where I have a newssection. Each line is a link.
    Is it possible to use a page news.aspx where I work with a querystring to
    refer to the page ? example: news.aspx?id=3
    On my news.aspx page I have some usercontrols (header.ascx, leftside.ascx,
    rightside.ascx, footer.ascx and newsmiddle.ascx).

    I want to put the news from the id in the querystring in the newsmiddle.ascx
    component.
    How can I do that so that the right newsheadline for each id can be used ?

    Has somebody tips or examples how to do that ?

    thx in advance !

    gr

    Bernd

    Bernie V, Oct 26, 2003

  2. Jody Fisher

    Jody Fisher Guest

    Your header information should also be available to your web controls ie
    request.querystring("id").

    Just put the routine in the web user control and it should work without a
    problem

    Regards

    Jody

    ?

    Jody Fisher, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Bernie V

    Bernie V Guest

    Thx Jody !
    I still have 1 question: how can I use html code to make the layout of that
    page at runtime ? (example: to place a picture on the page, but there can't
    be always a picture in the newspage) Can I do that in the same routine or is
    there another trick to do that ?

    Or do I have to do that with literal components like: Literal.Text =
    "<h5>Test</h5><br>This is a test";
    Without literals I don't know how to position my code.

    Am I missing something ?

    grz

    Bernd

    Bernie V, Oct 27, 2003