Using Ajax without JavaScript

K Viltersten

Normally, i create an ASPX-document that
relies on a JS-file in which i perform all
the needed callbacks and Ajax fanciness.

What i'd like to know is if it's recommended
(or att least possible) to use Ajax without
touching JavaScript at all.

If so, i'd like to see a small (not full)
example on what it'd look like. Is it still
coded as an DIV-tag?

K Viltersten

What I'd like to know is if it's recommended
Remember, though, that AJAX isn't the *only* way of
doing things, and there are sometimes very good
reasons for finding a solution which doesn't require
JavaScrript...

If you explain a bit more about what you're trying
to achieve (i.e. why you asked the question in the
first place), I'm sure some alternatives could be
suggested...

More or less, i'm requesting a XML file from the
server (the XML contains certain data info based
on whatever the user has entered prior to the
request). The XML file is built up in Page_Load
after a call to a SQL Server is made.

Also, i'm sending up some data (as Form and/or
QueryString) to store in the database.