Ajax or just javascript

ton

Hi,

I wander what to do. I'm developing a webapplication. One of the parts is to
show records from a database.
To modifiy a value, text of relational link or date I would like to use Ajax
where possible. I saw the posiibilty of the Ajax control toolkit with the
calendar extender.
How nice. But is it fast? Thats the question, because the roundtrip to the
server would build the full page in postback and only the changes will be
posted back to the client. But it still is a full "renew" of the entire
page.
So my question is:

What is the advantage of using these controls, is it really faster, or is
there another way (javascript) to get a small calendar when the date-field
got the focus.

Please comment of better help me if you can

Thanx in advance

Ton

ton

thank you. It is just what I had in mind. Ajax but not for everything

can you tell me what calendar control you use? And is it hard to implement
it on VB.NET websites?
Or better can it be used in a web server control, because I've allready
developed a webserver control which displays te record of a table in 2
columns. To modifiy a date field the user has to type the date and I want to
chenge this by using a ajax or javascript control.

thanx

Ton

ton

thanx

ton

Mark Rae said:
[top-posting corrected]
Can you tell me what calendar control you use?

It's one that I wrote myself based on several that I found on the
Internet, all of which did part of what I wanted...
And is it hard to implement it on VB.NET websites?

I've never tried it with VB.NET as I never use that but, as I said, it's
pure client-side JavaScript so the server-side language is irrelevant...
Or better can it be used in a web server control

As above...