Using alternate web servers

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Nida Farid, Aug 22, 2003.

  1. Nida Farid

    Nida Farid Guest

    Hi,
    Does anyone know how I can use a different web server in
    ASP .NET webservice. I do not want to use IIS. I have
    GoAhead. When I tried to access the .asmx file using
    GoAhead as my webserver, I ended up with the source code
    for the file, instead of the display page for my web
    service. Could someone make suggestions for what I should
    do to make this work?
    I got the following output when I compiled my code.
    ---------
    Linking...
    nochkclr.obj : warning LNK4099: PDB 'libc.pdb' was not
    found with 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    2003\Vc7\lib\nochkclr.obj' or at 'C:\ws030325
    \web\Converter\Debug\libc.pdb'; linking object as if no
    debug info
    Deploying the web files...
    vcdeploy : error VCD0041: IIS must be installed on this
    machine in order for this program to function correctly.
    --------------

    However, when I recompiled it, it succeeded.
    Please help me. I appreciate any help at this point.
    Thanks
    Nida

    Nida Farid, Aug 22, 2003

  2. Nida Farid

    Phillip Guest

    Microsoft is farily secretive about their parsers and such. The only server,
    other than IIS, that would likely support ASP.NET is Apache, if you Google
    for the proper plugin. Otherwise, I'd live with IIS, and keep it patched.

    "Nida Farid" <> wrote in message
    [Clipped]

    Phillip, Aug 23, 2003