ASP.NET development Web server broke

Sathyaish

I had VS 2005 with v2.0 of the framework. Then I installed NDoc
recently and that supports only v1.1, so it installed v1.1 on top of
v2.0. That is fine because both versions can co-exist but what it did
was screw up some settings with:

a) The web server that comes with ASP.NET, the one you run your web
services on in debug mode.

b) SQL Server's active CLR settings (but this isn't bothering me as
much)

c) IIS settings (but I fixed this by re-registering IIS with 2.0)

What's bothering me to the hilt now is the broken ASP.NET web server
won't allow me to debug my Web services or even have another project
in the same solution create a web reference to it.

I can't generate proxies in Visual Studio because of this, nor can I
set a web reference to a web service in the same solution (as it
involves generating a proxy).

Note that I can call wsdl.exe though. But I don't want to deploy my
service yet. I just want all projects in the same solution referencing
the ws like well-behaved little kids.

When I do try to create a web reference to the WS project in my
solution, I keep getting this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not create type 'DaWS.PhoneDirectory'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ WebService Language="C#"
CodeBehind="PhoneDirectory.asmx.cs"
Line 2: Class="DaWS.PhoneDirectory" %>

Source File: /PhoneDirectory.asmx Line: 2

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

It's been nagging me for days now and I've been managing with
deploying in IIS.

Other than re-install Visual Studio, does anyone have a better
solution?

Jerónimo Milea

Hi Sathyaish, just repair the install of .NET 2.0, its easy and it should
fix your problem.

Hope it helps
Jerónimo Milea