Using Firebird with NetBeans

mpmel

HI. I am wanting to expand my knowledge base into the world of Java,
and have some ideas for some database driven applications. I have some
other applications that use Firebird as their database, and would like
to write some applications to help myself maintain those databases. The
question is.....Does anyone know how or where i can find information on
how to set up NetBeans to communicate with a Firebird database? I have
been "Google"ing for hours and can't find any definitive information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Andrew Thompson

HI. I am wanting to expand my knowledge base into the world of Java,
and have some ideas for some database driven applications. I have some
other applications that use Firebird as their database, and would like
to write some applications to help myself maintain those databases. The
question is.....Does anyone know how or where i can find information on
how to set up NetBeans to communicate with a Firebird database? I have
been "Google"ing for hours and can't find any definitive information.

2 minutes of Googling (mostly about the Firebird D/B)
suggests to me that your searches and questions would
be better framed around the words..

'Using SQL with Java'

Neither of the D/B nor IDE vendors is relevant to this problem.

Andrew T.

Thomas Kellerer

HI. I am wanting to expand my knowledge base into the world of Java,
and have some ideas for some database driven applications. I have some
other applications that use Firebird as their database, and would like
to write some applications to help myself maintain those databases. The
question is.....Does anyone know how or where i can find information on
how to set up NetBeans to communicate with a Firebird database? I have
been "Google"ing for hours and can't find any definitive information.

It's all in the online help (Help -> Help Contents) of NetBeans. Have a
look at the chapter "Servers and Databases" and specifically "Setting up
a Database Connection".

You will need to download Firebird's JDBC driver before you can use it
in NetBeans (or any Java application)

Thomas