    Sorry of this makes no sense

    Simon
    xboxsnippets.com

    xboxsnippets.com, Jan 24, 2005

  2. xboxsnippets.com

    Richard Guest

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:58:59 GMT xboxsnippets.com wrote:

    > I have just tweaked my website, which is basically a blogger about xbox
    > live, and made the blog an iframe on the sites front index.htm page.

    > When the blog was the main page, it worked well in search engines as
    > the
    > index.hml page was full of relevant site text.

    > However, with the new design, which is basically the front page with
    > the
    > blog in an iframe, it seems to be causing problems with indexing on
    > search engines.

    > Naturally the blog page is the best result not the front page.

    > Im not quite sure how to explain what i mean, but is there a way to
    > make
    > the front page be the search result and not the blog page ??

    > Sorry of this makes no sense

    > Simon
    > xboxsnippets.com

    Most likely through the manipulation of the robots.txt file.
    Ask your host what they recommend for this.

    Richard, Jan 25, 2005

  3. xboxsnippets.com

    Toby Inkster Guest

    xboxsnippets.com wrote:

    > Naturally the blog page is the best result not the front page.
    >
    > Im not quite sure how to explain what i mean, but is there a way to make
    > the front page be the search result and not the blog page ??

    One of the many problems with frames. Ditch them.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jan 25, 2005
  4. Toby Inkster wrote:
    > xboxsnippets.com wrote:
    >

    >>Naturally the blog page is the best result not the front page.
    >>
    >>Im not quite sure how to explain what i mean, but is there a way to make
    >>the front page be the search result and not the blog page ??

    > One of the many problems with frames. Ditch them.

    Yeah, Im beginging to think this

    Simon

    xboxsnippets.com, Jan 25, 2005
  5. xboxsnippets.com

    gonebye Guest

    What I've done in similar situations is to create a hidden link to the blog
    page, link on a dot or comma, just for the crawler/robots, and making sure
    that it's meta information is loaded correctly.

    gonebye, Jan 26, 2005