using impersonation

Ohad Young

Hi,

I wanted to use impersonation in an asp.net web service application.
The following line was added to the web.config:
<identity impersonate="true" userName="user" password="12345"/>

If the user is not added to the administrators group of the computer it
won't work. \
Is there a better solution beside adding the user to the administrators
group?

Thanks,

--
Ohad Young
Medical Informatics Research Center

Paul Clement

¤ Hi,
¤
¤ I wanted to use impersonation in an asp.net web service application.
¤ The following line was added to the web.config:
¤ <identity impersonate="true" userName="user" password="12345"/>
¤
¤ If the user is not added to the administrators group of the computer it
¤ won't work. \
¤ Is there a better solution beside adding the user to the administrators
¤ group?

Could you be a bit more specific? What is it that "won't work"?

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)