using impersonation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Ohad Young, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. Ohad Young

    Ohad Young Guest

    Hi,

    I wanted to use impersonation in an asp.net web service application.
    The following line was added to the web.config:
    <identity impersonate="true" userName="user" password="12345"/>

    If the user is not added to the administrators group of the computer it
    won't work. \
    Is there a better solution beside adding the user to the administrators
    group?

    Thanks,

    --
    Ohad Young
    Medical Informatics Research Center
    Ohad Young, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Ohad Young

    Paul Clement Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:03:59 +0200, "Ohad Young" <> wrote:

    ¤ Hi,
    ¤
    ¤ I wanted to use impersonation in an asp.net web service application.
    ¤ The following line was added to the web.config:
    ¤ <identity impersonate="true" userName="user" password="12345"/>
    ¤
    ¤ If the user is not added to the administrators group of the computer it
    ¤ won't work. \
    ¤ Is there a better solution beside adding the user to the administrators
    ¤ group?

    Could you be a bit more specific? What is it that "won't work"?

    Paul
    ~~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Paul Clement, Jul 20, 2005