Using Integrated Windows Authentication to access Active Directory

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by metridevkk, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. metridevkk

    metridevkk Guest

    Hi,
    I have disabled "Anonymous Access" & enabled "Integrated Windows
    Authentication" on the web server for my ASP.NET application. My Web.config
    file has the following entries:

    <authentication mode="Windows" />
    <identity impersonate="true"/>

    Now when I run the application from within Visual Studio.NET, the
    application successfully runs after determining the windows user in the code
    using "User.Identity.Name" & I am able to access the active DirectoryEntry
    for that User.

    However, when I navigate to this new aspx page from an existing ASP page, I
    am prompted to login to the domain again.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! Its urgent for me to solve this
    problem.

    Thanks
    metridevkk, Dec 6, 2004

  2. metridevkk

    John M Deal Guest

    Here's an ASP Alliance article that I came across recently that
    discusses this. Hope it helps.

    http://aspalliance.com/553

    Have A Better One!

    John M Deal, MCP
    Necessity Software

    John M Deal, Dec 6, 2004

  3. metridevkk

    John M Deal Guest

    OOPS I responded to the wrong message. Sorry All!

    John M Deal

    John M Deal, Dec 6, 2004