    Thanks,

    Carl
    , Feb 16, 2007

  2. Oliver Wong Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying JMF for the first time and I would like to know more about
    > it's capabilities before I try to accomplish something that isn't
    > possible. What I need is to take a source being a video camera that's
    > output would be from a BNC or S-Video cable (thus NTSC video) then add
    > the video into a GUI which then I have to re transmit back to to BNC
    > cable (thus NTSC format). My input source can be a web-cam but my
    > output has to be in NTSC format as it is feeding to NTSC equipment.

    Not sure about the possibility of what you're trying to do, but I
    thought I'd warn you that Sun seems to have abandoned JMF. Maybe when/if
    they release the source code under GPL, the open source community will
    improve it. Until then, you can see a list of alternatives at

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JMF#Criticism_and_Alternatives

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Feb 21, 2007