Using Jython with JSPs

Discussion in 'Python' started by Alan Sheehan, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. Alan Sheehan

    Alan Sheehan Guest

    Hi,

    I am re-engineering a lot of existing Web JSPs and hoping to have each
    JSP execute a Python script to specify the page contents i.e. a easy
    way for end users to modify aspects of the pages without deep Java
    know-how.

    I have proven the above by creating an interpreter in each page and
    simply executing a script file.

    I have performance concerns with the above and would like to
    pre-create one or more interpreters in the JVM that can be reused by
    the JSPs.

    Is the above possible and how ? I use Apache or Tomcat as the Web
    Server.

    Thanks
    Alan

    Alan Sheehan, Sep 25, 2003