    Perl modules available to do this for the most part? What protocols/
    programs can be used?

    Thanks for your time & help.

    Krishna Chaitanya, Feb 27, 2009

  2. Linux->Linux : key exchange is not in my hands.....the client's
    network admin will most probably not allow that practice. I've to do
    the expect-like thing to get around authentication. Will checkout
    sudo ...

    Linux->Windows: Again, I have no control on what is present on the
    Windows boxes in the client's network. This push installer has to work
    in most cases which would kinda leave sshd out of picture as normally
    Windows network admins rely on the domain controller's power. :(

    Would it help to know that this installer has to work for plain-
    vanilla windows boxes without any sshd server or so running on
    them....any way?

    Thanks, Ben.

    -Chaitanya

    Krishna Chaitanya, Feb 27, 2009