Using vmware with jsunit

lgodiva

Has anyone had luck using vmware with jsunit to run tests in other OS/
browser combinations? For example, I'm running vmware on a Mac with
OS/X and use it to test my javascript on various browsers and Windows
versions. Is there anything special I need to do in the test case
configuration? I am a newbie at this, so specific info/examples would
be greatly appreciated - thanks.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

lgodiva said:
Has anyone had luck using vmware with jsunit to run tests in other OS/
browser combinations? For example, I'm running vmware on a Mac with
OS/X and use it to test my javascript on various browsers and Windows
versions. Is there anything special I need to do in the test case
configuration? [...]

I don't see what the virtualization software for an operating system would
have to do with the capabilities of the browser software running on that
system. After all, it is the browser, more generally the (X)(HT)ML user
agent, that provides the script engine that provides the ECMAScript
implementation, unless you are talking about OS-environment-specific scripts
like those in HTAs.

PointedEars

Jeremy J Starcher

Has anyone had luck using vmware with jsunit to run tests in other OS/
browser combinations? For example, I'm running vmware on a Mac with
OS/X and use it to test my javascript on various browsers and Windows
versions. Is there anything special I need to do in the test case
configuration? I am a newbie at this, so specific info/examples would
be greatly appreciated - thanks.

I've run various browsers in vmware and other virtualizers and emulators.
I've never noticed a difference in the user agent (browser) itself, though
sometimes things run slower than they would on 'real iron.'

(However, not all virtualizers like all guest operating systems. I
haven't had any trouble with vmware itself, but VirtualBox and QEMU both
have issues with Win95/98.)