Using WMI and ASP to obtain remote client info

Lain

Hi all

I'm trying to obtain remote client information to present on a web page using WMI. The problem I have is that no matter how hard I try (and how cross-eyed I get from reading doco) I can't seem to get access to the remote client owing to error 800a0046 - which seems to be a General Access Denied (according to related events in the System Event Log).

I've tried configuring the virtual directory as a highly isolated application, then chaning the account under which it runs to one which has the necessary server access, but with no luck. I've even confirmed via the Component Management console that the process is running under the nominated account.

The problem seems to be that while impersonation is easy to get working, delegation is not. So in essence, I can only access local resources - and I've got no issues with that. In vain, I've tried a number of variations to get to the server but with no luck (it's supposed to be one line):

serverArray[serverArray.length-1].oWMI = GetObject('winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=delegate,authority=kerberos:mydomain\\myDC}//'+ serverName +'/root/default:StdRegProv');

The results from the above line of code are the same regardless of whether I use {impersonate} OR {delegate}. I've even tried granting the computer account the delegation right in Active Directory and changing the Default Security | Launch Permissions in the DCOM configuration to no avail.

If anyone has come across any of these issues, or even just had success with getting WMI to produce information from remote clients I'd love to hear from you!

Cheers
Lain