Validate XML with RELAX NG

Olivier Hoarau

Hello,

I have to validate a xml file, for that I use libxml and its function
xmllint which needs the RELAX NG "full" schema of the file. I have only
its RelaxNG compact schema, I have to transform it first in Relax NG
"full".
To transform RelaxNG compact to RelaxNG "full", I use rnc2rng written in
Python. I have some difficulties, the file I obtain from a RELAXNG
compact file is not conform.

Is there someone in this newsgroup who knows this tools ?

Olivier

PS: Excuse for my poor english

A.M. Kuchling

To transform RelaxNG compact to RelaxNG "full", I use rnc2rng written in
Python. I have some difficulties, the file I obtain from a RELAXNG
compact file is not conform.

Use Trang instead; rnc2rng doesn't seem to be complete as it fails on the
RNC schema for RNG full, for example. See http://www.amk.ca/notes/rng.html
for a little two-line wrapper script for Trang.

If you must have a pure Python solution, you're going to have to roll up
your sleeves and fix rnc2rng.

--amk