    work. I suspect that has been clobbered somehow.

    Thanks for your help.
    Jay
    Jay, Feb 19, 2005

  2. couple things you can check is the validation folder validation.js should be
    available. the file path for this folder should be correctly mapped in the
    config file. Make sure these are correct

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney [Microsoft MVP ASP.NET]

    [Shameless Author plug]
    Now Available @ http://www.lulu.com/owc

    Alvin Bruney [MVP], Feb 19, 2005

  3. Thanks for Alvin's suggestion.

    Hi Jay,

    I think you can have a check in the "aspnet_client" folder under your
    server's IIS site's root directory. The asp.net's validation controls's
    clientside validation reply on those global script files installed in that
    folder, if you have enabled clientside validation, and those files are not
    correctly installed, there may cause some problems at clientside. Also, we
    can use the

    aspnet_regiis -c

    command to install those ASP.NET globa. client script files:

    #ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool (Aspnet_regiis.exe)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cptools/htm
    l/cpgrfaspnetiisregistrationtoolaspnet_regiisexe.asp

    Thanks & Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 21, 2005
  4. Jay

    Jay Guest

    Thanks for your responses.

    Is there some reason why this problem is intermittent. There is something
    going on on my server that causes aspnet_client to not be accessed only some
    of the time. I have developed many asp.net apps with no problems and I have
    used validation. This is the first time I have used the summary validation
    control.

    Thanks for you help.
    Jay

    Jay, Feb 21, 2005
  5. Jay

    Jay Guest

    One more piece of information. I have determined that the website in
    question works on my development laptop and on the server when I access the
    server from home using VPN. However, the website does not work when I am at
    work. But it did work at work until recently. At work, I connect to the
    internet using a proxy server.

    Any thoughts?
    Jay

    Jay, Feb 21, 2005
  6. Thanks for your followup Jay,

    Not sure whether your server has ever installed any framework update(sp) or
    done any setting changes in IIS. based on my experience, since the when
    ..net framework has been updated after installed some patch, the version of
    the global clientscripts will also change. For example, you can find multi
    sub folders under
    {IIS site root}\aspnet_client\system_web , each of them is specific to a
    certain sub version of the asp.net. So if the version is mismatch( your
    page's and the files in the aspnet_client), there may occur such
    unexpected errors.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 22, 2005
  7. Jay

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    check this out:

    BUG: The Submit button on ASP.NET pages does not work after you install the
    ..NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889877

    The problem relies on how onsubmit is rendered out on HtmlForm after the
    update.It outputs something like onsubmit="if(!ValidatorOnSubmit) return
    false;" after the update and the problem being that ValidatorOnSubmit method
    calls ValidatorCommonOnSubmit which might have got out of synch and doesn't
    return a value (you can check this method from ASp.NET's WebUIValidation.js
    file). Therefore the condition in onsubmit always evaluates such that
    onsubmit will cancel the postback.

    It is explained here in more detail
    http://scottonwriting.net/sowBlog/posts/2943.aspx

    --