validation controls not consistent

Guest

Hi,

We make extensive use of validation controls on forms across our sites. For
the most part they seem to work okay, but every now and again some data that
should never have passed through the validators gets inserted into the
database. We've tested and the validators always work for us when we input
the same data ourselves. I suspect this has to do with certain browsers not
being compatible with the javascript the controls produce. However,
shouldn't the validator controls validate both client-side and server-side
on a submit? Basically, are we going to have to have 2 sets of validation
logic like in asp.old (client-side javascript and server-side code) to get
the validation to work correctly?

Cheers

Chris

S. Justin Gengo

Chris,

Yes, the validators do validate both client and server side.

But server side you need to check if they returned valid before executing
any code that relys on them being valid:

If Page.IsValid Then
'---Execute code here
End If

Sincerely,