Validation Controls

Joe Penora

Hi All,

How can place 2 validation controls one on top of another? The first one is the RequiredFieldValidator and the second one is the RegularExpressionValidator. Both needs to validate an e-mail field and should show Red * in the same spot while the message is displayed via the ValidationSummary control. There could be other fields to be validated so all Red * should be aligned in the same column.

Thanks,

Joe

Scott M.

If you are in GridLayout view (which uses CSS II to position controls), you'ld just place one control on top of the other. If not (the default), just change the Display property of each control to "dynamic". They won't look stacked up while you are designing your form, but they will share the same space at runtime.

Hi All,

How can place 2 validation controls one on top of another? The first one is the RequiredFieldValidator and the second one is the RegularExpressionValidator. Both needs to validate an e-mail field and should show Red * in the same spot while the message is displayed via the ValidationSummary control. There could be other fields to be validated so all Red * should be aligned in the same column.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Penora

Hi Scott,

I am not using a grid the fields are with a table while I created a another column just to display the Red * when empty.

The problem is how dynamically can I change each property for those 2 Validation Controls? I think some Java Script should handle that since it is on the client side.

Thanks,

Joe
If you are in GridLayout view (which uses CSS II to position controls), you'ld just place one control on top of the other. If not (the default), just change the Display property of each control to "dynamic". They won't look stacked up while you are designing your form, but they will share the same space at runtime.

Hi All,

How can place 2 validation controls one on top of another? The first one is the RequiredFieldValidator and the second one is the RegularExpressionValidator. Both needs to validate an e-mail field and should show Red * in the same spot while the message is displayed via the ValidationSummary control. There could be other fields to be validated so all Red * should be aligned in the same column.

Thanks,

Joe

dejavue82

Hi Joe,

I think you are looking for the "Display" property of the Validators,
if you have two validators for one control you should probably set
this property to "Dynamic"

Good luck!

Jim

Scott M.

I'm not talking about being in a grid. I'm talking about designing the page in either GridLayout View or FlowLayout View (the default).

[...]

Gee, that sounds exactly like what I said in my first message.

Hi Jim,

That worked.

Thanks.