Validation Controls

Stephen

Hi scott,
thanks for the reply but the required field validator does not work "as
required" in netscape.

suppose i have a text box and a required field validator, when I hit the
"button" in IE, the required field validator captures it and only when I
enter some value, it uses "Response.redirect to another page"

but in Netscape, it just redirects when I hit the button.

Please Advice,
stephen.

Karl

Stephen,
Client-side validation doesn't work in netscape. In your button's click
event code add this:

Page.Validate()
If Page.IsValid THEN
... 'PUT YOUR CODE HERE
end if

This will allow client-side validation to work when enabled (in IE) and do
server-side validation when not enabled (in mozilla).

Karl

Karl

Paul, I'll take a look, but do your controls support grouping validations so
that button A will only fire group A and button B will only fire group B? I
ask because that's a question we get a lot around here, and I typically
point people to commercial products (since those are the only ones I've
found)..

Cheers,
Karl

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

No they dont. They come with full source so you could add it easily enough,
but its all extra work.