Validation of veiwstate MAC failed

Rahul

Hi,

We have upgraded our application from asp1.1 to ASP 2.0. We get the
"Validation of veiwstate MAC failed" error when we submit the form again
after waiting for 10 to 20 mins. This looks to be a timing issue but how do
I fix it?

ERROR:
"Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web
Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same
validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a
cluster."

I have tried all I could think of but could not get it to work. Please can
some one provide me a fix for this.

Thanks
Rahul

Rahul

Hi Juan,

I have tried the different options and it does not help. I have even put the
following in the web.config and still have the issue.

<pages validateRequest="false" enableEventValidation="false"
viewStateEncryptionMode ="Never" />

I am not sure what else to do. I have just one form element on the page.

Also it does not happen because someone submitted the page too soon but
rather beacuse someone waited too long before the submitted the page.

Thanks
Rahul