    Does the messagebox work in all browsers or just IE?

    --
    Sandy
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=, Jun 17, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=

    TJS Guest

    it should not be blocked as a popup because the messagebaox is a javascript
    alert

    the asp.net validation is only stable in IE, it doesn't always work
    correctly in other browsers even if there is an updated browsercaps
    regardless if it clientside or serverside

    TJS, Jun 18, 2005

  3. TJS -

    Thanks so much for your response!

    If asp.net validation doesn't always work correctly in other browsers, what
    is the best practice with regard to validation?

    --
    Sandy

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=, Jun 18, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=

    Brock Allen Guest

    > If asp.net validation doesn't always work correctly in other browsers,
    > what is the best practice with regard to validation?

    Client side validation is only icing anyway. You should always be doing server
    side validation and ASP.NET does that for all requests regardless of ther
    browser. So, use the validation controls. Check IsValid in the server. In
    ASP.NET 2.0 they're attempting to generate javascript that works in most
    browsers.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen
    Brock Allen, Jun 18, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=

    TJS Guest

    The best way is to use write your own code which will verify entries on the
    server side before processing.

    TJS, Jun 18, 2005