Value cannot be null;Parameter name: passwordAnswer

Ben

Hi,

i try to get the password of the membershipuser that is just created in
ASPNETDB.MDF (i checked it) with CreateUserWizard.
I tried with "Clear" and with "Encrypted" (with generating a machinekey)
passwordFormat.
The property enablePasswordRetrieval="true".

The CreateUserWizard page redirects to the pw.aspx page which contains in
code-behind this code:

Handles Me.Load
If User.Identity.IsAuthenticated Then
Dim pw As String
pw = Membership.GetUser.GetPassword.ToString
End If
End Sub

This produces following error for both "Clear" and "Encrypted"
passwordFormat at line:
' pw = Membership.GetUser.GetPassword.ToString'

"Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: passwordAnswer "

Thanks for help
Ben

Guest

[...]

Ben, if I remember correctly, there is a passwordAnswer - an answer to
a security question.

Ben

Hi Alexey; thanks for replying

I can see there are two syntaxes:
GetPassword()
and
GetPassword(passwordAnswer as string)

In the web.config, i change the property requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
to "false
and now it works.

But doing this way, there is no security question / answer in the
authentification form.
Is there no possibility to inplement a security question/answer?

thanks