VB6 DLL problem

Smith

Hello,
We have a VB6 dll that we need to use in our asp.net 2.0 app. We build it as
multiple user.
But at runtime, it does not seem to allow more then two pages using the dll
at the same time.

Is there an issue with this scenario or it could be the code inside the DLL
preventing this from working
properly.

Thanks

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

I have not dealt with COM much in ASP.NET, so I would not know whether or
not one can avoid blocking by altering the VB COM code. I cannot think of
anything you can do, other than what you have stated, at least not code
wise. The only thing I can think of is not properly disposing of the
instance in .NET.

There are two ways I can think of to get around this.

1. Create an ASP wrapper (not ASP.NET) and route through ASP as a "web
service". This adds more overhead, but if it works here, you can be fairly
sure it is the .NET code.

2. Place the COM DLL in COM+ where it can manage the instances of the DLL

The second option will not work if this is designed to a singleton (global
in scope).