vbc.exe

neo

hello

i have this question.
we can install
1) .net framework ( CLR and BCL) - to run apps
2) .net framework SDK - to build apps

But howcome when we install just the framework , we get the files VBC.EXE
and CSC.EXE files in the
%SYSROOT%\MS .NET \ FRAMEWORK\V 1.X\

these r complier files needed to build apps, but installing just the
framework - we need to run the apps.
then why these files r needed.

thanks in advance

neo

Bernt Brenna

neo said:
hello

i have this question.
we can install
1) .net framework ( CLR and BCL) - to run apps
2) .net framework SDK - to build apps

But howcome when we install just the framework , we get the files VBC.EXE
and CSC.EXE files in the
%SYSROOT%\MS .NET \ FRAMEWORK\V 1.X\

csc.exe is used by the framework. The System.Xml.Serialization classes
invoke csc.exe when serializing/deserializing to/from xml. Don't know if
csc is used in any other case.

Guinness Mann

But howcome when we install just the framework , we get the files VBC.EXE
and CSC.EXE files in the
%SYSROOT%\MS .NET \ FRAMEWORK\V 1.X\

these r complier files needed to build apps, but installing just the
framework - we need to run the apps.
then why these files r needed.

They're not required, David. Think of them as a free gift.

-- Rick