Re: HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy

David Browne

Fred said:
Hi,

[Environment Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 and .Net 1.1 framework]

We try and change the web.config file to use a new .dll file and the
server
then starts to give the below error in IE... any ideas? We run mutiple
sites
on the server and only this site has the problem, although this dll is
specific to the site, but we have load balanced servers that all run the
same site and only some servers get this error.

I'm going to try and load the IIS Debug toolkit to catch some errors will
be able to spot the issues better with this tool?

Any help much appreciated :)

Server Error in '/' Application.
----

Server Too Busy

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web
request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
can

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

----
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;
ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.573

Timed out waiting for a program to execute. The command being executed was
"c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\vbc.exe"
@"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\3075c890\50ae88f2\yydyzut4.cmdline".
CodeDomProvider 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider'. Please review the
stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated
in
the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: Timed
out waiting for a program to execute. The command being executed was
"c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\vbc.exe"
@"C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\3075c890\50ae88f2\yydyzut4.cmdline".

HMM. The VB compiler (vbc.exe) is failing when it tries to compile your
site. I remember that used to happen to me pre SP1, and you aren't running
..NET 1.1 SP1.

1.1.4322.573 is .NET 1.1 RTM
1.1.4322.2032 is .NET 1.1 SP1

FIX: You may receive an application error in Vbc.exe or Csc.exe when you run
a .NET Framework application
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832597/

So apply SP1, and if that doesn't fix the problem call Microsoft support.

David