    Thanks in advance

    JIMMY
    , Jan 6, 2006

  2. Maett Guest

    <>:
    > I created a simple MFC program using VC++ 6. It generates EXE file and runs
    > fine on one of my computer which has the C++ compiler installed. But when
    > I copy the EXE program to the other computer that has NOT compilter installed, the
    > program does not run --- it asks for several DLL files !!!
    > Does any body int his forum kind enough to point me to right direction?
    > Is it something the the VC++ compiler that I have to change to fix
    > that problem?

    Hi Jimmy,

    since this is a compiler specific problem you should ask in one of the microsoft groups
    (microsoft.public.vc.language, microsoft.public.vc.mfc).

    (Hint: I guess you built the debug version of your program, which depends on the
    debug versions of the MFC and runtime DLLs. Just build the "release" version,
    which should run on any Windows computer since the "release" versions of the needed
    DLLs are distributed with the OS).

    Cheers
    Maett
    Maett, Jan 7, 2006

    Re: VC++ 6 ___ EXE file runs fine on one computer but not the other

    Hi Maett,

    I am very new to MFC programming. Could you tell me how
    you would select the "release version" from the compiler?

    Please advise,

    Thanks

    JIMMY

    Maett wrote:
    > <>:
    > > I created a simple MFC program using VC++ 6. It generates EXE file and runs
    > > fine on one of my computer which has the C++ compiler installed. But when
    > > I copy the EXE program to the other computer that has NOT compilter installed, the
    > > program does not run --- it asks for several DLL files !!!
    > > Does any body int his forum kind enough to point me to right direction?
    > > Is it something the the VC++ compiler that I have to change to fix
    > > that problem?

    > Hi Jimmy,
    >
    > since this is a compiler specific problem you should ask in one of the microsoft groups
    > (microsoft.public.vc.language, microsoft.public.vc.mfc).
    >
    > (Hint: I guess you built the debug version of your program, which depends on the
    > debug versions of the MFC and runtime DLLs. Just build the "release" version,
    > which should run on any Windows computer since the "release" versions of the needed
    > DLLs are distributed with the OS).
    >
    > Cheers
    > Maett
    , Jan 8, 2006
  4. Ron Natalie Guest

    wrote:
    > I created a simple MFC program using VC++ 6. It generates EXE file
    > and runs
    > fine on

    Build in release mode. The debug versions of the libraries are not
    present on machines without visual stduio.
    Ron Natalie, Jan 9, 2006
  5. Maett Guest

    OT [Re: VC++ 6 ___ EXE file runs fine on one computer but not the other]

    Jimmy wrote:

    > I am very new to MFC programming. Could you tell me how
    > you would select the "release version" from the compiler?

    Hi Jimmy,

    in the Visual6 IDE choose "Build->Set Active Configuration"
    and then "<Your Application Name> - Win32 Release".
    Of if you activate the "Build Toolbar" (Tools->Customize
    ->Toolbars:Build) you can select "Win32 Debug" or
    "Win32 Release" from the toolbar.
    Then just "Rebuild All".

    Maett
    Maett, Jan 9, 2006