making an .exe file in VC++

Karthik

Hello,

How do I create an .exe file from a VC++ program (using VS 6.0). I
understand U need to compile the program and that will make an exe
file. I did that. When I try to build the file, I get a dialogue box
which is asking me to "specify a executable file". When I try to locate
the .exe file of the code in the debug folder, I am not able to find
it.

I know it sounds silly... but I have lost my patience on this small
bug... :(

any suggestions?

Karthik

Stuart MacMartin

See if you can find the Scribble tutorial and walk through that. Or
skip that if you can figure out the project settings link and debug
tabs. Note this is a VC++ development environment issue, not a
language issue. So you'll get complaints about this being in the wrong
newsgroup.

Ivan Vecerina

: How do I create an .exe file from a VC++ program (using VS 6.0). I
: understand U need to compile the program and that will make an exe
: file. I did that. When I try to build the file, I get a dialogue box
: which is asking me to "specify a executable file". When I try to
locate
: the .exe file of the code in the debug folder, I am not able to find
: it.

You have probably created the wrong type of project, compiling a
LIB/DLL instead of an exectutable application.
Try creating a new project, and go carefully through the wizard and
select "console application" as a project type, or something like
Win32 application and then set something like a "concole application"
option.

: I know it sounds silly... but I have lost my patience on this small
:
: any suggestions?

This question really does not belong here - you'll get more effective
help by asking on a forum dedicated to your platform.