    bug... :(

    any suggestions?

    Karthik

    Karthik, Jul 9, 2005

  2. See if you can find the Scribble tutorial and walk through that. Or
    skip that if you can figure out the project settings link and debug
    tabs. Note this is a VC++ development environment issue, not a
    language issue. So you'll get complaints about this being in the wrong
    newsgroup.

    Stuart MacMartin, Jul 9, 2005

  3. "Karthik" <> wrote in message
    : How do I create an .exe file from a VC++ program (using VS 6.0). I
    : understand U need to compile the program and that will make an exe
    : file. I did that. When I try to build the file, I get a dialogue box
    : which is asking me to "specify a executable file". When I try to
    locate
    : the .exe file of the code in the debug folder, I am not able to find
    : it.

    You have probably created the wrong type of project, compiling a
    LIB/DLL instead of an exectutable application.
    Try creating a new project, and go carefully through the wizard and
    select "console application" as a project type, or something like
    Win32 application and then set something like a "concole application"
    option.

    : I know it sounds silly... but I have lost my patience on this small
    :
    : any suggestions?

    This question really does not belong here - you'll get more effective
    help by asking on a forum dedicated to your platform.

    --
    http://ivan.vecerina.com/contact/?subject=NG_POST <- email contact
    form

    Ivan Vecerina, Jul 9, 2005