Very annoying error: Access to the path is denied. ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jay, Aug 3, 2007.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    My IDE works fine but when I make a plain old HTML change; a change
    that should NOT require recompiling, and hit the save icon, I get the
    following error:

    {

    Access to the path is denied.

    granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request
    identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}
    \ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the
    application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating
    via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous
    user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

    }

    If I recompile the ASP.NET application and then go back to the browser
    and hit refresh, everything is fine again. I should not have to do
    this and it is very annoying when you're trying to do some JavaScript
    or get some HTML just right and have to keep recompiling.

    For ha has, I added 'machine\ASPNET' with full blown permissions at
    the C: level and this did not fix the problem.

    Can anyone please help? Thank you very much.

    P.S. Team member programmers work on the same code/project and they
    don't have this problem.

    Jay

    Jay, Aug 3, 2007

  2. Jay

    Jay Guest

    One bump...

    Can anyone help? This sucks :)

    Jay, Aug 15, 2007

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    I figured it out...

    Sometimes when you bulk copy your project files and paste them
    elsewhere, they magically lose ALL their important permissions
    including ASPNET. This happened and I got the above error. I readded
    them and it's fixed now.

    Thank you me. You're welcome me...

    Jay, Aug 20, 2007