Very good Python Book. Free download : Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional

Discussion in 'Python' started by Kriv, May 29, 2006.

  1. Kriv

    Kriv Guest

    Kriv, May 29, 2006

  2. Kriv

    glutepuppet Guest

    glutepuppet, May 29, 2006

  3. Kriv

    John Bokma Guest

    "Kriv" <> wrote:

    > Hi friends,
    >
    > I found this eBook on the web. This book is very very good.
    > I refer to them.

    I doubt Apress will be happy with this. Don't post garbage like this,
    since instead of helping, you're doing the opposite. People interested in
    copyright infringement don't need your posts, they know where and how to
    get it.

    http://diveintopython.org/
    Dive into Python

    http://greenteapress.com/thinkpython/
    How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python

    http://honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/
    Non-Programmers Tutorial For Python

    http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/tutintro.htm
    Learning to program (might be outdated)

    --
    John MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
    personal page: http://johnbokma.com/

    John Bokma, May 29, 2006
  4. Kriv

    nataraj Guest

    i won't have a free and guileless mind to code if i do this.

    nataraj, May 29, 2006
  5. I didn't know it wasn't a free ebook. I realized it once I downloaded
    it.
    But it's such a good book that I decided to buy a hard copy.
    This way I will support its author, while getting a very good book on
    Python.

    Luis

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Luis_M._Gonz=E1lez?=, May 30, 2006
  6. Kriv

    John Bokma Guest

    John Bokma, May 30, 2006
  7. Kriv

    per9000 Guest

    Hi,

    I hope you all know about wikibooks, it's like wikipedia but for books.
    It is also "some kind of openware" (my favourite expression).

    I specifically think about
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Programming:Python

    I have thought about adding to it but I am low on time - this
    randomchoice(["is","could be"]) a great book.

    Please read and/or add if you are one of the nice guys.

    Ciao,

    PER9000
    ----
    "It is a gift. A gift to the foes of 'the Terrorists'. Why not use this
    'terrorism'? Long has my father, 'George Bush', kept the forces of 'the
    terrorists' at bay. By the blood of our people are your lands kept
    safe. Give 'the land of the brave' the weapon of the enemy. Let us use
    it against him."

    /George W Bush on the topic of Human rights
    (not really, it's from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120737/quotes )

    per9000, May 30, 2006
  8. Kriv

    Moneyhere Guest

    Good :)
    Can someone provide this ebook? <web programming in python>.
    I'm looking forwards it.

    Moneyhere, May 30, 2006
  9. Re: Very good Python Book. Free download : Beginning Python: FromNovice to Professional

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0130410659/002-1715230-0496030?v=glance&n=283155

    --
    bruno desthuilliers
    p in ''.split('@')])"