vhdl testbench

Guest

hi everybody:

I am looking for some programs to automatically generate the vhdl
testbench file as also the test vectors. Can anbody introduces me a tool
that you fell useful. thanks very much:)

I have tried the full circuit's " testbench tool" , but it always tell
there is something wrong when compiling the generated testbench vhdl file.
is there anybody who have the experience with this tool? how about this
tool?

thanks a lot

Hendra Gunawan

wrote in message
hi everybody:

I am looking for some programs to automatically generate the vhdl
testbench file as also the test vectors. Can anbody introduces me a tool
that you fell useful. thanks very much:)

One of the component of Xilinx ISE software suite, called HDL Bencher, has a
utility that can automatically generates testbench for you. I don't know how
good is it, I have never used it personally. But in general, it is better if
you write your own testbench manually. Testbench that is generated by
software usually only suitable for small design, but not for large design.

Hendra